Gambling is NOT MAGIC for College Students & Athletes
This dynamic presentation educates your college students in a highly interactive and engaging fashion. Problem gambling continues to be an issue on college campuses and your students need to be educated on how to make smart financial decisions. In addition to college students, the college athlete has additional dangers to worry about and NCAA rules on gambling to follow. College and University Problem Gambling Prevention Speaker and “Edutainer,” Robert Hackenson Jr., can help to engage and educate your students to make sure they make smart choices.
According to the Journal of American College Health:
- Approximately 75% of U.S. college students gambled in the past year.
- 18% of U.S. college students gambled weekly or more often in the past year
College Students’ gambling activities include:
- Card games 38%
- Sports betting 23%
- Games of skill (e.g., bowling, golf) 20%
- Casino gambling 15%
Topics This Presentation Covers:
- NCAA Rules on Gambling
- False Perceptions of gambling
- Money management and financial planning
- How to spot if you or a friend has a gambling problem
- How to confront a friend’s gambling problem
- Where to go for self-help or to help a friend
The Dynamic Difference:
Unlike other educational presentations and lectures, “edutainer” Rob Hackenson won’t put your students to sleep. It can be a difficult task to keep your students engaged during an educational presentation, which is why Rob uses his dynamic skills to “edutain” your students. Your students will be captivated throughout the presentation while learning the important messages, as they are delivered through:
- Mind Magic
- Skit Hypnosis
- True Stories
- & more
Get the Complete Information Packet Now!