A Perfect Time for Virtual Social Media & Cyber Safety Edutainment
During these times of social distancing, virtual learning, we’re on our screens even more than usual. Although this screen time is necessary, with increased screen time comes additional risks. Research has shown a link between too much screen time and poor mental health. There can also be an increase of miscommunication and a potential increase of cyber bullying. Some students are also meeting people online and posting too much information. Some are posting certain things they will regret later. Because of these risks, it’s important to educate students about the risks so they can use this technology safely and responsibly. Our virtual cyber safety presentation is here to help!
This dynamic and “edutaining” virtual presentation combines current events and research based information, with humor, magic, and illusions. Through these interactive lessons your students will learn about the social, emotional, and physical risks they face through social media and other digital technology.
This virtual presentation covers:
- Screentime and mental wellness
- Social media anxiety
- Communication & miscommunication in a digital age
- Cyber bullying
- Meeting people online
- Posting too much personal information
- Online challenges
- Sexting (for middle and high school level students)
- Your digital footprint and reputation
- Recap 3 rules to follow to post without regret
You Get Way More Than Just A Presentation!
- Edutaining – Through the interactive virtual presentation, your students will be engaged while being educated. They will participate by asking questions, watching illusions, and participate in virtual magic effects! All of the entertainment is used to reinforcing the important lessons.
- Can’t Make the Live Presentation? No Problem! – The presentation is recorded and you will be given access to the recorded presentation for 30 days. Any students that weren’t able to attend the live version can still view the presentation, while others can look back and watch it again.
- Confirmation – The students take a quiz at the end of the presentation to demonstrate the knowledge they gained.
- Continued Learning – Teachers get additional class discussion topics and activities for continuing the conversation and learning after the presentation.
You can combine with our Edutaining Curriculum that you can use school wide!
Check out our Virtual Vaping Awareness presentation!