**Limited Time Access – See your school for password to watch**
Note: Closed Captioning Available in Spanish and English
Welcome Woodstock Community Schools of IL parents! There are many challenges parents of today face due to ever changing technology. News stories about teens getting in trouble for their posts and the effects of screen time on mental health, can make it scary and overwhelming as a parent. What can you? How can you help your teen navigate this digital world? Watch this video presentation by internationally recognized digital and social media safety speaker Robert Hackenson Jr. This presentation breaks down and simplifies the serious issues while providing realistic social media parenting tips, tricks, and resources that will help!
In the video below, here’s what you will learn about cyber safety:
- How to prevent or help teens with technology addiction
- What screen times actual effect is on teen mental health
- Digital communication and miscommunication
- Coaching your kids through hateful posting and how to be a positive bystander
- Cyber safety issues with online challenges, posting personal information, and online predators
- Teens and sexting
- Your child’s digital reputation
- Parenting tips and resources to help your child use technology responsibly.
Leave a Reply