Why Have a Parent Education Night on Teen Substance Awareness?
It is important for both parents and teachers to understand the new challenges and risks youth face today with substance use and abuse. This presentation gives parents new surprising perspectives on the influences and trends surrounding teens and substance abuse. As times change, it’s important for parents to know the current trends to help them communicate with their teens and guide them to make the right choices.
What Parents Will Learn
During this presentation parents will learn
- The messages delivered to their teen
- Teen influences & manipulation
- Current alcohol trends
- Teen e-cigarettes/vaping trends
- Perception of marijuana amongst teens & the realities
- Prescription pill abuse & the heroin epidemic
- Tips & tricks that can help parents guide their teen to make positive decisions
Parents will also gain access to our Youth Substance Awareness Parent Portal for 12 months! This portal:
- can be used as a point of reference for parents to revisit the important lessons.
- helps parents to stay current on the potential issues
- allows parents to ask questions
- gives access additional resources.