Get ready for an educational presentation like no other! Robert Hackenson Jr. is a national and internationally speaker and edutainer that delivers highly informative and captivating presentations. Give your community an “edutaining” experience that will both engage and educate. Through this presentation your audience will learn:
1. How did we get here? – This dynamic and eye-opening presentation starts by exploring how e-cigarettes/vaping went from something to help smokers quit smoking to a teen craze. Your audience will learn about the 2 major changes that led to targeting youth, why it was done, and who is responsible.
2. Potential Health Effects – Robert will discuss the latest research and medical studies that show the potential negative health effects of vaping nicotine, THC, CBD oils, and Vitamin B12. This section shows how vaping can impact: lungs, heart, human cells, teeth, and brain development.
3. Addiction – Some students understand the risks, but just think, “I’ll do it now, and quit later.” Sounds easy, but 90% of smokers started when they were teens, and it’s not so easy to quit. During this section Robert covers:
- Why is nicotine so addictive?
- What are teens more likely to get addicted than adults?
- What’s the success rate of quitting?
- How often do you have to use to start getting addiction symptoms?
- The best techniques to quit.
4. Excuses – Even though we see these risks and hear the news stories, some teens will still choose to vape. Whether it’s to be social, cope with stress, or to cope with the challenges of life, we need to equip our kids with life tools so they are prepared to face these situations in a healthy way.
Is your child vaping? – According to 2019 research, 27.5%
of high school students have vaped in the past 30 days. This section covers:
– What should parents look for?
– What to do if you find your child is vaping?
– Support / resources available
– How you can help prevent your kids from vaping