An “Edutaining” Virtual Substance Awareness Presentation for Colleges
This edutaining presentation is more important than ever. Times of change and transition are difficult enough without the added stress of social distancing, isolation, and virtual learning that comes with COVID-19. During these times there can be an increased strain on your students’ mental health.
Many college students, especially those entering college for the first time, have a distorted view of substance use and abuse in college. In addition to this, during these challenging times it can increase the risk of substance use and abuse as they are looking for ways to cope with or escape from these new challenges.
College substance awareness speaker Robert Hackenson Jr. discusses all of these challenges while providing your students with different perspectives and the necessary tools and techniques to make positive choices during these unprecedented times.
This presentation covers:
- The negative college misperceptions and influences in college
- The social and emotional challenges that lay ahead and the substance abuse traps
- Perceptions vs. realities of substance use and abuse
- Risks of depending on alcohol, vaping nicotine, THC, etc.
- Social and emotional challenges your students will face.
- Changing your thinking during stressful times
- How to choose social and emotional influences
- Getting good at stress
- Dealing with life circumstances
- Making decisions with purpose to build the future they want for themselves
The Dynamic Difference
This is not a “don’t drink” type of presentation, rather it uses virtual magic, illusions, humor and more to keep students engaged and reinforce the important lessons. Professional college speaker and “edutainer” Robert Hackenson Jr. is internationally recognized for his highly interactive college “edutainment” presentations. For over 15 years he has been delivering dynamic presentations that infuse educational lecture with magic and hypnosis that engages and educates. Nationally, students have enjoyed his dynamic presentations in 47 of our 50 states, along with students around the world.
You Get More Than Just A Presentation!
- Edutaining – During the interactive live virtual presentation, your students will participate by asking, watching illusions, and some of them will participate in virtual magic tricks that are used to help keep it fun and reinforce the lessons.
- Can’t Make the Live Presentation? No Problem! – The presentation is recorded and you will be given access to the recorded presentation for 30 days. This way any students that weren’t able to attend the live version can still view the presentation, while others can look back and view the presentation again.
- Confirmation – Quiz at the end of the presentation that the students have to take in order to show they watched and paid attention to the presentation.
- Continued Learning – Teachers get additional class discussion topics and activities for continued conversation and learning after the presentation.