Virtual Social Media & Responsible Posting Edutainment
During these times of social distancing, virtual learning, we’re on our screens even more than usual. Although this screen time is necessary, with increased screen time comes additional risks. Research has shown a link between too much screen time and poor mental health. There can also be an increase of miscommunication, posting things out of boredom that you’ll regret later, and many other potential issues. Because of these risks, it’s important to educate students about the risks so they can use this technology safely and responsibly. This interactive and edutaining presentation is here to help!
This dynamic and virtual presentation combines current events and research based information, with humor, magic, and illusions. Through these interactive lessons your students will learn about the social, emotional, and physical risks they face through social media and other digital technology.
This virtual presentation covers:
- Screen time and mental wellness
- Technology anxiety
- Communication & miscommunication in a digital age
- How we deal with hateful posting
- Online Dating
- Your digital footprint and potential employers
- You represent your school and teams/organizations
- Posting yourself in the most positive way
- Recap 3 rules to follow to post without regret
You Get Way More Than Just A Presentation!
- Edutaining – Through the interactive virtual presentation, your students will be engaged while being educated. They will participate by asking questions, watching illusions, and participate in virtual magic effects! All of the entertainment is used to reinforcing the important lessons.
- Can’t Make the Live Presentation? No Problem! – The presentation is recorded and you will be given access to the recorded presentation for 3 months. Any students that weren’t able to attend the live version can still view the presentation.
- Confirmation – The students take a quiz at the end of the presentation to demonstrate the knowledge they gained.
Want more topics?
Check out our Virtual Vaping Awareness presentation!