A Perfect Time for Virtual Substance Awareness Edutainment
During these times of social distancing and virtual learning, there can be an increased strain on your students’ mental health. This can increase the risk of substance use and abuse because they are looking for ways to cope with or escape from these new challenges. This presentation incorporates current events, anxiety and depression rising from social distancing and isolation, fear of the unknown, and gives them the necessary tools through tips, positive psychology techniques, and more to make positive choices in these unprecedented times.
This presentation covers:
- The importance of setting personal life goals
- The effect of substance use and abuse on goals
- Perceptions vs. realities of substance use and abuse
- Risks of of alcohol, vaping, and THC
- Power in positive mindset during stressful times
- The effect of social and emotional influences
- How we can deal with stress in a positive way
- Understanding emotions and mindset
- Dealing with life circumstances
You Get Way More Than Just A Presentation!
- Edutaining – During the interactive live virtual presentation, your students will participate by asking questions, watching illusions, and some of them will participate in virtual magic effects that are used to keep it entertaining while reinforcing the lessons.
- Can’t Make the Live Presentation? No Problem! – The presentation is recorded and you will be given access to the recorded presentation for 30 days. This way, any students that weren’t able to attend the live version can still view the presentation, while others can look back and view the presentation again.
- Confirmation – The students take a quiz at the end of the presentation to demonstrate the knowledge they gained.
- Continued Learning – Teachers get additional class discussion topics and activities for continuing the conversation and learning after the presentation.